RE: Debian install to subnotebook

Thanks for all your suggestions.

To make things more difficult, of course, we cannot now install Win98 over
Win2k, because the Win98 installer will not run from within NT, i.e., it too
would require a boot disk or bootable CD. It seems that Win2k won't easily
budge.

The best recommendation I have seen is to install DOS first, then install
Win2k (on a FAT partition). The Win2k boot loader will then provide DOS as
an option on boot. However, it doesn't seem possible to do this backwards,
i.e., install DOS after Win2k.

I think the best solution now is either pulling the hard drive and
installing it temporarily in a desktop as Oivvio suggested (I actually
happen to have one of those notebook HD adaptors), if my brother-in-law
doesn't mind me pulling apart his brand-new notebook :).

Other than that, I was considering buying an external CDRW in any case.
According to Sony, USB CD drives are NOT bootable, but PC-Card drives are,
so should probably look at the latter.

Bruce