Framebuffer setup for NeoMagic 2160

I have a Dell Latitude CPi 300 with the NeoMagic 2160 chipset. I would
like to use the framebuffer device.

After following Framebuffer HOWTO and recompiling my kernel, I put
vga=ask in lilo.conf and reboot. However, when I try to enter "0301"
as mode, as per the HOWTO, the screen goes blank and nothing happens
(nothing, as in no boot at all -- no disk activity, no beeps from
PCMCIA etc.).

If I try the "scan" option, the screen also goes blank.

All /dev/fb* devices are present.

Does anyone have a working framebuffer setup w/ this chipset?

tia.

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson -+- +46 70 444 0726 -+- [http://stureby.net/]