Re: PCMCIA Problems win IBM A20p

> This posting is enough to keep my from attempting a Debian installation on
> my ThinkPad 770z.
>
> RH 6.2, while old, at least works.

I know this is going to sound strange, but...

You can set up a perfectly excellent Debian system, and use the kernel and
modules from an RH 6.2 disk.  The kernel, being Linux itself, is the most
portable part of the whole puzzle.

In fact if you don't feel up to compiling your own kernels you can try the
kit-kernels from all the major distros and then keep whichever gives you
the newest and most efficient support.  P.s. don't take a 2.4 kernel from
before about 2.4.6 though.  They were still working on a problem that made
swap get used up kinda fast.

... anyways I mix parts from distros a lot ... although usually, I'm putting
a debian or SuSE kernel on some other system :D

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star@starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting@starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078