Re: Modem of notebook hp xe3

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Al Stone wrote:
> My apologies, but I have been away from e-mail
> for quite some time....
>
> The internal modem on the xe3 is, unfortunately,
> a winmodem.  We are working on several possible
> solutions to this problem (getting the winmodem
> to work under Linux, that is).  As soon as I have
> details that I can announce, I will send out a
> note to this list.

Hey, that's good news :-)
the amazing thing is that when I execute
modprobe lt_modem vendor_id=0x125d device_id=0x1989
I can read in my logs that the modem was recognized. But when I try to dial I
get NO CARRIER
I configured my country correctly with AT+GCI=## and now I don't know what
else I could do.

the problem is that I don't know exactly if i keep talking to the lt_modem
driver or to the modem itself though i believe the latter.
if anyone is interested I can mail the logs

wolfgang