PCMCIA NIC troubles

Alright; I have Debian CDs now, so I installed using that; however, I'm
still unable to access the network.

My Linksys CardBus 10/100 EtherFast NIC does get activated upon insertion,
and tulip_cb probes fine, loading pcmcia_core, etc. as necessary.

Clues:
/var/lib/pcmcia/stab reads as follows:
Socket 0: empty
Socket 1: empty

The cardctl config command returns the following:
Socket 0:
  Vcc 3.3V  Vpp1 3.3V  Vpp2 3.3V
  Interface type is "cardbus"
  Function 0:
Socket 1:
  Not configured

The cardctl ident command returns the following:
Socket 0:
  Product info: "Linksys",  "EtherFast Integrated 10/100 CardBus PC
Card(PCM200)", "V1.0", ""
  Manfid: 0x13d1, 0xab02
  Function: 6 (network)
  PCI id: 0x13d1, 0xab03
Socket 1:
  No product info available

My laptop claims that eth0 doesn't exist:
# ifconfig eth0
eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
# ifconfig eth0 up
eth0: unknown interface: No such device

The /proc/modules file confirms that everything in the PCMCIA-HOWTO loaded
properly and that cb_enabler and tulip_cb loaded fine.

I'm at a loss.  It looks like the card's not being assigned the proper
driver and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Marc J. Miller
Open Source Relations Engineer
marc.miller@amd.com
1-800-538-8450 x43325