Re: How to mail (userfriendly)?

> * customized /etc/muttrc like Clayton told

	Does this mean I win?  ;)

> * started mutt with: mutt -F /etc/muttrc

	OK, first off, it's usually a nicer solution to customize your
own ~/.muttrc as opposed to the global one.  Especially if you're
putting things like your email password in there.  I know that no one
else will probably ever be using your machine, but it's just good
practice.

> * My local Emailaddress is root@boneless - the Address the ISP knows is
>   ds@uta4you.at - do I have to make a "pipe" (like in fetchmail)?

	Secondly, it's a bad, bad, BAD idea to always log in as root.
Create yourself an account (email if you need help with this) and log
in as that.  You should never log in as root unless you *really* need
to.  All of your day-to-day activities should be done through your
normal user account.

> * How do I "tell" mutt to communicate with the ISP-account)
>   (invoke the fetchmail function)?

	What values did you assign (in .muttrc) to these variables:

> > set pop_user =
> > set pop_pass =
> > set pop_host =

--c

--
Clayton Carter   crcarter @ cs indiana edu
"My mom says I'm the handsomest guy [at work]"