Re: Wavy Screen using 'Option "Display" "CRT"' on ATI 128 Rage Mobility

Okay, here's another little oddity--if I use the laptops function-F8
key combination to switch over to the external monitor manually
*before* I start up X (with the diplay option set to CRT), it comes up
clear as a bell (and thinking it's hooked up to a CRT--it will let
me display 1600x1200, for instance, which the FP won't let me do).
If I start up on the FP, and switch using the function key, it
will still only give me the FP stuff--1600x1200 won't come up.
I'm also having trouble switching back to the FP--in text mode--
after running 1600x1200. And trying to set the display option to FP
when starting from the CRT gives me what looks like a very dim 1024x768--
kind of like a solar calculator display might look during an eclipse.

I'm kind of baffled, here. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Also,
I'm posting these kind of simultaneously on the debian-laptop, xfree86
newbie, and xfree86 xpert lists. If whichever list your reading this on
isn't a good one for me to post this sort of thing on, let me know. I don't
want to be a nuisance--I'm just not sure which forum would be the best.

Thanks!

  --Daniel