Re: Why doesn't 2.2r3 CD boot on Toshiba 4080 XCDT ...

Drew Parsons wrote (on 10 Sep 2001 at 23:36):

> The bit I don't understand is why you can boot from 2.2r0.  It
doesn't
> work for me (490CDT).

Oops! You're right, 2.2r0 doesn't boot either. Must have been a
problem with my memory--the wet one. I could have sworn I have
(or had) a system here that booted with 0 but not 3, though.
Maybe I'm confusing 0 with hamm CDs, which I guess are still
floating around here somewhere. Did I use them as rescue disks
back when I was getting the PCMCIA on potato-r0 straightened out?

Be that as it may, the worst thing is that the Toshiba is very
sensitive about boot floppies too. So far I have three for
Progeny that fail, all at different stages.

Thanks for the background info and sorry for the confusion!

T.