Re: dwl-650 encryption

Tom Allison wrote:
I got this wireless card working with no problems initially.
But I'm trying to set up the encryption.
I know it says to punch up some 112(?) bit encryption key and enter it somewhere... I might be able to figure out where, but how does one generate a realistic encryption key? Is it just a pile of hex pairs? How many?

Are you using the wvlan_cs driver? Last I knew, it doesn't support encryption with cards based on the PrismII chipset (such as Linksys and your D-Link). It's not really a big deal since it's been well documented lately that the WEP encryption is pretty much useless. You could use something like FreeS/WAN (IPSec) for security between your machines (and you'll probably get better performance out the the card too since WEP tends to slow things down).