Re: pcmcia soundcard needed

Hi

I don't think you will have any joy with this project.  First of all,
PCMCIA soundcards are not supported by the pcmcia-source package
(according to SUPPORTED.CARDS), second, your CPU is too slow to play
MP3's in software, at least at sensible bitrates -- unless you use
DOS, in which case the situation may be different, but I don't know.

You might find it interesting that the German magazine c't ran a
couple of articles about building a hardware MP3 decoder that receives
its data via parallel port, for which you need no more than a 286 and
no soundcard.  The issue numbers are 9 and 10/1999.

Good luck

Rolf

--
Rolf Heckemann (Dr. med.)	Research Fellow
Department of Imaging   	Hammersmith Hospital, London