Cursor Gets Stuck

I am using a Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT.  I finally got X to work!! The only
main problem now is the cursor only moves along the bottom of my LCD screen.
Does anyone know what to do?  I am using XFree86 4.0.3 and blackbox as my
window manager.  Also when you startx does the 4+ version of Xfree86 us a
svga setting?  I have the color as 16bpp setting but it does not seem to
look correct.  How can I see what my settings are within the X environment?

Thanks

Eric