Re: Netgear FA511 setup

Hi Paul

I have a Netgear FA510 card working with Debian woody and kernel
2.4.9.  I, too, tried the kernel support, following the hints in the
file README-2.4 from the PCMCIA source package: activating
yenta_socket, using the tulip PCI driver and so on.  I wasn't able to
make the hotplug stuff from unstable work though, and in the end I
gave up, disabled kernel PCMCIA support and compiled David Hinds'
package as I've always done.  It works, and I didn't have to muck
about with /etc/pcmcia/config

Good luck

Rolf

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 09:11:46PM -0700, Paul Paradise wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 4000 (with the built-in Wireless ethernet)
> and slapped Debian unstable on it right away. ;-) Pretty much everything is
> working nicely, but I just got a Netgear FA511 card for those cases when I
> don't have wireless reception, and I can't seem to get it to work properly.
[...]

--
Rolf Heckemann
Linux user since kernel 1.2.9