Re: Crash on suspend

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Rogério Brito wrote:

> 	I just read parts of the Laptop Howto, but these questions
> 	where not answered there and I'd love to have my laptop
> 	working as well as possible under Linux.

try:

www.linux-laptop.net
www.deja.com
and of course www.google.com

> P.S.: It does not use a Phoenix BIOS, I think -- it uses a BIOS made
> by Compaq (or is this Compaq BIOS a Phoenix BIOS with some "make up"?)

well (l)phdisk is going to be completely useless then.  Unless of course
Compaq (like lots of other manufacturers) bought the source code, altered
it for themselves and then bundled it off.

What you need to do is go to the Compaq website and download any useful
*DOS* drivers for your laptop, howfully in that lot will be a hibernate
partition making tool.  However bear in mind that some laptops (probably
yours too) won't use a hiberation partition but instead create a file on a
DOS partition.

happy searching

Alex