Re: pcmcia doesn't work any more under kernel-image-2.4.7

Subject: Re: pcmcia doesn't work any more under kernel-image-2.4.7
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:56:45 -0500
From: Tony Firecloud <tfirecloud@yahoo.com>
To: David Joy <david@holmoak.co.uk>, <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>

dont build pcmcia support into the kernel
or kernel modules, instead get the source
for pcmcia-cs from sourceforge.net, build
the kernel and modules (again, without
pcmcia support), boot the new kernel image,
and extract and install the modules from the
pcmcia-cs source code.  Also, read the docs
that come with the source code.  This is not
garanteed to work with your setup
(card/pc-card bridge) but has always worked
for me.