DPKG probs

hey all

i know this is prolly the wrong mailinglist, but since i'm using my laptop
now, which has debian installed, i'd better post it here than to waste my
time trying to figure out what mailinglist to send it to (i have a life you
know...)

so, the thing i'm trying to do is something like the `rpm -qf <filename>` in
debian, so i can find out to what package this <filename> belongs. and no,
it's not in the manpage...of dpkg i mean.

can anybody help me? thx!

greetz
--
    | L . I . F . E  ||the linux company|