RE: Anybody have an IBM Thinkpad 701c ?

Hello,

I acquired a 701c (486dx4-50 w/ 20MB ram and 720MB hd) a few months ago,
and installed debian on it w/ no problem.

I had the floppy drive for the 701c, and a linksys ethernet card for my
internet connection through my school's lan.  The install was very smooth
- 13 floppies installed the base system, and i used apt to configure my
sources and download all my packages.  The system took a while to install
and configure everything - slow processor, so expect a few hours of free
time while everything is installed.

Besides that, the system was up and running perfectly.  I got X to work
after hunting online for hardware info.  There are about 3-4 websites that
have info about linux/BSD on the 701c - so try a search on google (the site
names escape me at the moment).

Otherwise, there are no suprises - windowmaker or blackbox runs fine on
the system, and the 701c makes a great traveling companion - about the size
of a book...

Sincerely,
Jawahar Panchal