Re: pcmcia nics

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:20:29PM +0200, Walter Hofmann wrote:
> > > Any recommendations on a pcmcia nic?
>
> I have a 3com EtherLink III 10-Base-T/Coax card which works really good.
> There were never any problems with it (I use it for four years now).
>
> Walter

I have three el-cheapo linksys ebay specials and they all work
great.  The coax/tp combo dongles are bigger than a mouse (the
furry kind) though.

If I was buying one now I'd pick up one with a compact
dongle or no dongle at all (the latter take up two slots
tho).  I'd probably also look for one that's 10/100

The only one I would stay away from for sure is the
IBM Home and Away, but maybe mine was defective.