Re: Mobile phone vs. Internet

Hi!

Short summary on how i do it.. I'm using my cell phone right now.. so I'm trying to be breif so I don't have to use too many minutes ;)
have the following modules compiled for your kernel, irda, ircomm,ircomm-tty
insert them.. get the latest irda-utils from irda.sourceforget.net or something like that ;)
use irattach /dev/ttyS1 -s 1, if the irda port is the second  tty on your linux box.. check this against the output of dmesg.. or on boot up..
create a device named ircomm0, 161,0 should the numbers be if you use ls.. don't remember which is major/minor ;)
the you are all set to use pppd on ircomm0.. and hopefully your phone supports AT commands..

oh, this only gives SIR spped on the IrDA port.. but it should be sufficent for cell phone usage..

have fun and send more querys if you get stuck..

--

	/Johan

Life is but an Illusion of Death