Re: How to make kernel and modules package from original kernel source code

[Do you know that you sent english text but marked as Charset big5?  Just
 thought I'd mention it... some people might have had trouble opening it.]

> Hi!
>
> How to make package of kernel image and modules from
> the updated (2.4.7-pre1) original source code?
>
> Thanks

Although I've made an occasional kernel package, I usually do it "the pure
source way" because I also work with other distros.  But I think it would
probably work like this:

* fetch a kernel-source package from the same series.  2.4.5 ought to do
  nicely.

* Drop in the "normal" source kit from upstream instead of the code that's
  there.

* Add a new entry to the changelog with the correct new version mentioned.

* (if you haven't made kernel packages the debian way before) fix your
  default settings in the control file so you won't have to retype command
  line options like "who is the maintainer".

* Make your kernel package and modules package using the debian rules
  which were in the other package :D

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...