Re: [laptop] Wireless Networking

also sprach Kent Pirkle (on Mon, 09 Jul 2001 07:56:05PM -0400):
> I finally broke down and bought an Omnibook 500 to
> run Debian on. I would like to set up wireless networking
> to my cable modem. Has anyone found a 802.11b wireless LAN
> card that works well w/Debian? Any suggestions for a combo
> access point/cable modem router/hub?

i use the orinico silver card with an addtron AP-11 access point.
works with the wvlan_cs driver and never gave me problems. the access
point has a range of about 200 feet, so maybe you can find something
with longer range, but i have been happy so far. i can't use WEP
though, which i argue is a result of the wvlan_cs driver's lack of
capability...

"in the country of the blind,
 the one-eyed man is not king.
 he is taken to be a hallucinating lunatic."
                                                     -marshall mcluhan