Re: Resume fails on Tosh-4080XCDT

andreas@somogyi.nu (Andreas Somogyi) writes:

> I have a Sat 2540 running 2.4.5 (have been running 2.2.18, 2.2.19, 2.4.2
> and 2.4.4 as well) and suspend/resume works perfectly - even better in
> linux than in windows, where it is a bit shaky.

Actually I have Linux also running on a Satellite 4000CDT and all
works perfectly! But not with the 4080XCDT.

> Check my homepage for details. Be sure to enable "allow interrupts" in
> the kernel. You did compile your own kernel, right?

I have ALLOW_INTS enabled and the kernel is also compiled here locally
and completely made specific for this machine.

Here the relevant kernel (2.4.5) settings I currently use:

CONFIG_PM=y
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set
CONFIG_APM=m
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

Suspending with this is fine, the only problem is with the resume
where I get a kernel panic. I already feeded the panic text through
ksymoops (this was done a couple of weeks ago with 2.2.19 running),
but I can not understand the results from ksymoops. If someone can
help here, maybe I get a little closer. If it is ok I could post those
few lines from the oops messages and the ksymoops result. The files
have

$ wc -l oops.txt oops.log
     25 oops.txt
     81 oops.log
    106 total

lines. If that is not a problem to be posted here, I can provide that
although it is from an older kernel version which I am not running
anymore.

bye
achim

--
Practically perfect people never permit sentiment to muddle their thinking.
		-- Mary Poppins