Resume fails on Tosh-4080XCDT

Hi!

I got a very stupid problem with the resume on a Tosh Satellite
4080XCDT which I can not resolve on my own and hope to find someone
who may be able to help me or at least tell me if he's got that
working or not. Ok here the situation:

Machine: Tosh Satellite 4080XCDT (BIOS downgraded to last available APM
BIOS version 7.80 instead of the ACPI BIOS installed inittially)

System: Debian 2.2r2 (upgraded with all official updates and in the
meantime migrated to kernel 2.4.5 according to the documentation and
packages made by Adrian Bunk)

Situation: apm Support compiled as module and enabled via lilo append
(apm=on). apm.o module loaded from /etc/modules.

Everything seems to work fine, but when I suspend the machine by
issuing "apm -s" I can't bring it back to operation. If I hit the
power button I only get some ugly kernel panic messages including Bad
EIP codes etc. I already made the effort to key the whole screen to a
text file and ran it through ksymoops as suggested by the oops-tracing
help documentation from the kernel, but as I am not a kernel hacker I
really do not understand the result from ksymoops :-(

Anyway, as I still have some hope (I had Tosh machines before working
very well) to get this working I wonder if there is anyone reading
here who has suspend/resume working on this machine. I would really
appreciate to get some information about a working system on such a box.

I already searched linux-laptop.net etc for information about this
specific laptop model, but unfortunately all "success" stories most of
the time only cover how to get X working etc. I mean that's the easy
bit, isn't it. None of those stories mention a word about suspend,
hibernation and resume. Hopefully someone here has this experience and
is happy to share it with me. Thanks!

best rgds,
achim steinmetz

--
You may worry about your hair-do today, but tomorrow much peanut
butter will be sold.