Re: Partition table install problems.... HELP!?!

> Hi.
>
> Where did you find that all 3 partitions have to be marked bootable?
> This is the first time I see this. Actually you don't need to mark
> anything bootable if you install lilo. Install lilo to hda (or
> whatever your harddrive is), configure it and be happy. Also lilo is
> the only way to get your dual-boot setup to work and you didn't
> mention anything about this part of the setup.
>
> Again, you can safely install Linux on any partition, this bootable
> mark does not make any difference.
>
> Good luck,
> Peter.

Peter,

I didn't mark ALL THREE partitions bootable, Just the FAT-16 (DOS) and the
Debian Linux Main partiton...  swap was not marked bootable. All three
partitions are primary partitions, though.

The info I got is from the Debian Official Installation Guide, section 7.6
"Partitioning a Hard Drive", and also Linux Unleashed, Fourth Edition
(SAMS), by B. Ball, D. Pitts, J. Goerzen, et al. , Part 1, Chapter 2, Page
40, Paragraph 1. Also leafed through Corel Linux User's Guide, 1.2, but do
not take what is in there as gospel, in any way at all...  It may be
Debian-based, but it AIN'T really Debian...

This is where I got my info from. The Official Install Guide I have been
referring to I have in a browser window, D/L'd directly from
http://www.debian.org . If ALL of this stuff is wrong, then they all must
have used the same sources for their info, which I suspect must be the
Official Installation Guide. Maybe the maintainer of the Guide needs to fix
this, eh? It must have been in there for a LONG time, as my Linux Unleashed
is at least a year old, maybe more by now.

Well...  thanks for the info...  I'm gonna try it, maybe tonight, maybe
tomorrow. Now, if I could only figure out how to get my PCMCIA controller
and my PCMCIA Ethernet card installed properly, I could continue...  Why is
it that people always put in all of the damn drivers possible, EXCEPT the
one or two that I need??  :-(

Thanks for the tips, though, Peter...

MBN