halt from gnome

Hi,

As a laptop debian user, I feel that it's a waste of time to relaunch gdm
just to be able to halt my laptop. So I would like to be able to do that
from the gnome session.
I know about gshutdown but I don't like the gui and it seems to be a little
radical (I believe that it simply issue a halt command).
I've noticed that under a Redhat/Ximian box, the logout dialog box not only

allow you to quit your X session but also allow you to halt and reboot your
box. This is done nicely, tha halt command is issued right after the and of
the X session logout.
I didn't manage to enable this feature.

Christophe

--