Re: LCD sync rates

Scraper wrote:

As far as I know all laptops use a 60 Hz refresh frequentie. At least
the ones I've seen so far.

More to the point, all LCD displays use a 60 Hz refresh frequency. You should be able to create modelines for your screen using the modeline package (apt-get is your friend).

LCD displays are extremely picky regarding the modelines you feed them, and the slightest variation can result in a black screen when your start the X server. I had the problem with the 1400x1050 resolution on my Dell Latitude C800 until I found a working modeline on the web. Surprisingly enough, the modeline I'm now using isn't exactly the one calculated by the modeline package for a 60 Hz display, but corresponds more or less to 56-57 Hz. I'll have to make some more testing, I guess ...

Regards,

	Daniel