Re: Installing problems on a Inspiron 8000

[I had to reformat your html-mail...]

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Jörgen Andersson wrote:

> I've tried installing debian from a cd. After gone through the
> installing process pc hangs when I reboot it. It says something like
>
> I'm kind of a newbie on this so I would be greatful for any help.

 We need to know your hardware config. First place to stop is Always,
Always google.com:

  http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+laptop

finds

  http://www.linux-laptop.net/dell.html with lots of Dell Inspiron 8000.
Weee!

 My Inspiron 8000 worked fine with Potato but I had to remove one port
range from the pcmcia detection during installation.

//Björnen,