ACPI battery readout impossible?

Hi everybody,

I recently compiled my kernel with ACPI support enabled, and with
APM disabled (since they can't coexist, am I wrong?), because
APM wouldn't power off my laptop (Dell INSPIRON 4000, a fine
machine btw) on shutdown. Well with ACPI the shutdown worked,
but no battery readout was possible.
I do have battery and AC information (capacity, charging/discharging)
in /proc/power but I have no percentual or even absolute value of
battery charge. Can this be achieved with ACPI? And yes,
I have acpid running.

Thanks for any help
Alex
--
Alex Suzuki ..::.. asuzuki@bluewin.ch ..::.. http://www.cynox.ch
GEEK code:  GCS d+(-) s a--->-- C+++ UL P+>++ L+++>++++ E- W+++$