Re: xircom combo card + kernel 2.4.5

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Ivan Fernandez Pelaez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a Xircom CBEM56G modem/ethernet card, which used to work
> fine under 2.2.x kernels and the standard pcmcia-cs package. For
> other reasons, I've had to upgrade to 2.4 and was trying to get it
> to work with the pcmcia drivers included in the kernel. In my
> laptop, the new kernel pcmcia only seems to work with the
> yenta_socket driver, so I set that in /etc/pcmcia.conf, and I also
> included an alias linking tulip_cb to xircom_tulip_cb, the name of
> the driver module for the card in the new kernels. The pcmcia
> subsystem seems to work fine, it recognizes the card and loads the
> xircom_tulip_cb module, but it does not seem run the /etc/pcmcia/
> config scripts, so the modem (that's the only thing I can test now)
> does not get bound to the serial port, if I try to use it I'm unable
> to open the serial device.

Hi.

Just bumped into the same problem too. I used 2.4.5 kernel. I was able
to load xircom_tulip_cb module successfully, but then 100% of packets
were lost and I was not able to access any computer on my small
LAN. pcmcia_cs worked fine before and I suspect I'm going to switch
back to it sometime soon :-)

Peter.