What's your favorite inexpensive Linux laptop?

Greetings fellow Debianers...

I was hoping I could get some personal opinions here. I currently have Debian running on a server in my house, and a Macintosh notebook. I'm now looking to fire up a PC notebook with it, as well.

I'm looking for recommendations as to what brand and model I should look for (or stay away from). I don't want to spend more than $800 for the beast, so getting something that is new is _not_ important. I would prefer something with an active matrix screen, built in modem and ethernet, and CD drive. And the smaller and lighter the better - but certainly not the most important consideration.

And I _won't_ be running Windoze on it.

Any thoughts out there from your experience?

Thanks,

Chris
--
	The plan was simple.  Unfortunately, so was Bullwinkle.