Re: Dual-booting and the clock

On Monday 04 June 2001 12:55, Vivek Dasmohapatra wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Randy Tompot wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Dell Inspiron 8000 that dual boots to Progeny Debian and Win2K.
> > The 2 operating systems are fighting for control of the clock such that I
> > can't get the time correct on both. It is set correctly as far as the
> > BIOS is concerned. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
>
> What do you mean by:
>
> a) 'fighting over' [ie what symptoms do you see]
> b) 'correctly as far as the BIOS is concerned'

I am experiencing the same problem actually on my main box. The problem for
me is both clocks do not sync the time. In the BIOS the time is set
correctly, however if the time is set correctly in Linux using the KDE2 time
configurator it throws the time off when i boot up win98 by about 5 hours
ahead. Would love to find out how to fix this if anyone has a suggestion.

TIA
CM

P.S. I also have this problem with my windows boxes running off a samba
server for that I just use a simple cron job script to update the time.
Thanks for your time.