Wireless LAN Card

Hi,

I've been trying to get a wirelss lan card (D-Link 650) to work in my rather elderly (Toshiba 2130CT 486-75) laptop.  The card is detected properly, and the correct driver is loaded, but it then reports that the MAC address is FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF (which would be bad).

Now, I know that the card requires a 3.3v socket, and I'm not sure the laptop has one (but I am encouraged that it idetifies it correctly).  Does anyone have any suggestions about approaches I might take to bring it to life, or am I wasting my time?

Cheers

James