Re: kitchen

> It's not mentioned in the apt man page, and there is no reference to
> apt_preference in them :(.  I only found it because I was looking at
> the BTS page for apt for another thing, and I saw a bug about
> apt_prefereces not being referenced.  So, I thought, "Oooh secret
> documentation, cool :)".

it's listed in my man page for apt-get (i have version 0.5.3 installed):

       -t
       --target-release
       --default-release
              This  option  controls  the  default  input  to the
              policy engine, it creates a default pin at priority
              990   using   the  specified  release  string.  The
              preferences file may further override this setting.
              In  short, this option lets you have simple control
              over which distribution packages will be  retrieved
              from. Some common examples might me -t '2.1*' or -t
              unstable.  Configuration Item: APT::Default-Release

the apt.conf is not mentioned in the apt.conf man page though which sucks.

adam.