Re: kitchen

[my own rant about staying pure potato for stability, ellided.]

> If you just need a current version of wine, add this to your apt sources.list:
> deb http://www.wineqh.com/~ovek/ stable/
> You'll get the latest stable build of wine built to run on a 'potato' system.

Coool!  Thanks bunches.

For the rest of you playing diabolus advocat (devil's advocate), I just want
to say that of course I support the "free is not about money, it's about
freedom" concept.  If I didn't I probably wouldn't bust my butt so hard for
the LDP every month.  But in that spirit, for me, the freedom is about being
free to choose to do things, even things with commercial products.  Having
the source allows improvement to go much faster; bugs and foolish invasions
of privacy are shallow with enough eyes... and so on.

But we're missing the "freedom" point if we rag on folks who use their
freedom "unwisely".

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...