Re: kitchen

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:33:54AM -0700, Heather wrote:

    [...]

> In a couple of months I may go there, but for the moment, I'm not running
> anything that demands a glibc changeover to the new version.

    What about Progeny? I decided to 'get wild' with a new laptop until
    I had to really depend on it. My first stab at 'woody' left me with
    too many things not working. And unfortunately, I'm not savvy enough
    about the package system to easily sort it out. That was the same
    week that Progeny went gold.  So I drew in my breath and upgraded
    (first IIRC) to the 'bunk' modules to run 2.4.x kernels and next to
    Progeny, following the directions at their web site (using apt-get.)

    Progeny seems to be more current for a lot of packages. (Finally
    got tkman :)

    The only glitch I've run into so far is that my base-font package
    got removed during the install and I had to reinstall it manually.

--
Hank Barta                              White Oak Software Inc.
hbarta@enteract.com                     Predictable Systems by Design.(tm)