Re: my dell runs

Hi,

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:37:21AM +0200, Matthias Weiss wrote:
> every time I insert the PCMCIA token ring IBM card. I read the note
> >from Guenther to recompile the pcmcia-cs package with PnP BIOS option
> set to "y" which I did but the kernel still crashes in the same way.

You also have to compile pcmcia-modules. For this you need the
kernel sources (or at least the headers) for your kernel.
Furthermore, you have to remove /lib/modules/kernelversion/pcmcia
BEFORE installing the new pcmcia-modules. If you want to have it a
little bit easier, you can download the concerning customized
deb binaries (and install hints) from
http://people.debian.org/~gbechly/dell.tgz.

Best wishes,
Guenter

--
Linux: Who needs GATES in a world without fences?