Re: Inspiron 8000 & Progeny install woes

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 07:02:15PM +0200, Christoph Ulrich Scholler wrote:
> hi jim,
>
> is 3d-performance an issue for you?  i've seen comparisons (done with
> the 1ghz inspiron 8000) between ati and nvidia.  the nvidia card is
> significantly faster than the ati chip (+70% 3dmark 2000, up to +161% quake3,
> source: c't (german computer mag) 10/2001).
>
> greetings,
>
> uLI

Not really, I like games well enough, but rarely have time to play them.
Mostly I want to be able to play DVD's under linux, and have generally
good video for the computer (15" 1600x1200 really looks nice) At this
moment, I am leaning toward the ATi cards for the reasons mentioned. But
wanted to check on gotchas for the rest of the system.

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it