Re: Problem with 2.2 installation, using Backpack CD-ROM (long)

Thanks Rod!

I  did the following change to the script:

function mkdev
{
   mknod $1 $2 $3 $4 ; chmod 0660 $1 ; chown root:disk $1
}

and

function pd
{
  D=$( printf \\$( printf "x%03x" $[ $1 + 97 ] ) )
  mkdev pd$D b 45 $[ $1 * 16 ]
  for P in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
  do mkdev pd$D$P b 45 $[ $1 * 16 + $P ]
  done
}
and it worked! WOW!

Regarding your question about the rescue.bin /root.bin - I used the
images found at
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/
.

Thanks again!