I am stucked: Parallel CD-Rom

Hi,
I am stucked.
I am trying to connect a "Freecom Power CD"  to my Toshiba 210CS
I tried the nearly all options of modules could reach, like pcide, ->
frpw->pcd
I played with Parport_pc also.
Ok with the right IO parameters and irq the CD-ROm is nearly mountable but it
does not complete successfully.
Always says things,  like errors (I didn't wrote them down) but in case of
question I could copy this by hand typing in the list.
Ok I understand there are so many versions out of these drives, but does
anybody have a suggestion out of the box?

The System is Potato R3
regards Bernd
--
Schon "die Software Rebellen" gelesen? -- gut geschrieben, sehr umfassend.