Re: apm with kernel 2.4.3

> I had to disable CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE last time I compiled a 2.4.0
> kernel: it caused 'kapmd' to use 30% of CPU when idled ! Not really what
> expected.
> May be this was fixed in later 2.4 kernels, I didn't checked.

Yep, as Alan noted, that's normal; it's just the kernel's idle loop. My
kapm-idled is running at 90% cpu on an otherwise idle system. I think
it was explicitly renamed to from kapmd to kapmd-idled to help avoid
this confusion :)

This is also covered in the linux-kernel mailing list FAQ at:

	http://www.tux.org/lkml/

[question 14.1]

cheers,
C.