Re: PCMCIA network configuration

> Hi,

Hello,

> I have a 3com 574 pcmcia networking card that works just fine under linux
>
> 2.2x and linux 2.4x.
>
> my only problem is that if when I insert my networking card into my
> computer,
> something automatically configures it with networking information (such
> as
> defualt gateway, DNS, IP, etc).  This is fine, however I'm on mulitple
> networks, and having the same configuration doesn't work on all of them.
>
> Anyone know how I would be able to disable this automatic configuring of
> my
> NIC, so that I may be able to configure it myself?

Look at the file
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts

There you can make different "schemes". The file itself is quite well
commented, so it should be no problem to figure it out yourself, which
values to set.
If you have your different schemes, you may change between them with
cardctl scheme <scheme-name>
The current scheme will be displayed by
cardctl scheme

I hope this helps

Regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner
Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side?  And hain't that a big