PCMCIA network configuration

Hi,

I have a 3com 574 pcmcia networking card that works just fine under linux
2.2x and linux 2.4x.

my only problem is that if when I insert my networking card into my computer,
something automatically configures it with networking information (such as
defualt gateway, DNS, IP, etc).  This is fine, however I'm on mulitple
networks, and having the same configuration doesn't work on all of them.

Anyone know how I would be able to disable this automatic configuring of my
NIC, so that I may be able to configure it myself?

thanks

Sunny Dubey