Re: TI PCI-1211 CardBus

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, BipBip wrote:

> Does anybody has a Texas instruments PCI-1211 CardBus as PCMCIA controller ?

nope..... :)

> The question came up as I don't manage to install my ethernet card,
> and I started to think that the reason could be an unsupported
> CardBus...

however I know people who have the same problem as you.  TI refuse to
release details on how to make drivers for their cardbus controllers and
so all you can do is use the compatible 16bit PC-card version of the
controller.

Unfortunately you will not get 32bit cardbus speeds and so the maximum
transfer rate you will get off the ethernet card is about 12Mbps (about
1Mb/sec).  The only suggestion I can make to resolve the problem involves
a soldering iron......etc ;)  Not really a solution...

sorry to break the news to you

Alex

PS. you may have a chance if you browse the linux laptop resource site
(http://www.linux-laptop.org if I remember correctly).