Re: reiserfs?

firstly sorry about the *useless* e-mail, I hit Ctrl-X instead of Ctrl-C
(I'm using pine), I only noticed when I saw the "message sent"
message....bugger :)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Peter Cordes wrote:

> It wouldn't be very fast if it used so much CPU that it consumed a
>noticeable amount more electric power.  Rebalancing only has to happen when
>something else is writing, and usually rebalancing doesn't take much time at
>all.  Every file system has some CPU overhead for management.  Reiserfs
>doesn't do a lot of copying around blocks on disk, since that would be slow.
>Rearranging a bit of memory is really quite fast.

I was only wondering if it sorted out the tree whilst it was idle,
however after your comments it looks like I have no problems.

> Don't worry about the CPU load from reiserfs.

looks like I'll be doing ReiserFS when I'm back at university, however
not till my exams are over :(

Alex

PS.  I noticed you have a nslug.ca e-mail, you know Ben Armstrong (aka
Fishy in the xpilot circles?), only curious......