From: anup neelanath [mailto:anupn@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 11:17 AM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Query on CF cards..

Hi,
	Let me intoduce myself first. I am Anup from India. I am looking in the net
for buying a digital camera - one with compact flash card. I got ur mail
address from one of the replies u had given for a query on compact flash
card. I hope u will be able to answer my query..

	I have a desktop PC - windows, and no USB port. The cameras now adays come
with USB cables. I saw that the CF card is IDE compatible. Does it mean that
I can directly connect the CF card to the IDE interface (as if connecting a
HD), or do I need to have some interface to connect it to the IDE cable.

	I understand that if I buy a PCMCIA adaptor for CF card I can use it in the
PCMCIA slot of a laptop and in that case also will I see the CF card as a
Hard disk?

I will be really grateful if u can answer my queries...

Thanx a lot in advance//
Anup