reiserfs?

Here's a good one. :)

Someone sent an email to our local LUG's message board asking if someone
could help install Debian on his 486 ThinkPad laptop.  Being the good
Debianite, and having a local Debian mirror thanks to apt-move I said "Sure I
can help."
The machine has no cdrom and no floppy drive, but it does have a pcmcia
NE2000 compat. NIC.  So it's a pure network install.  No problem.
Unfortunately, the machine is currently running screwy Mandrake 7.0.
Screwy, because it has no e2fs filesystems, and because Mandrake is 586
optimized.  The kernel is a 2.2.16 with reiserfs.  /etc/fstab looks like this:
/dev/hda3	/	reiserfs	defaults	0 0
/dev/hda1	/boot	vfat		defaults	0 0
/dev/hda2	swap	swap		defaults	0 0

There used to be a /dev/hda4 /home reiserfs.  I took that out because I
wanted to make /dev/hda5 a reiser and hda6 an e2fs.  Alas, no mkfs!
I got the SRPM for e2fs progs.  It's building as I write this.  I also
got the reiserfs-utils source to build also.
This guy really wante reiserfs, and I'm eager to check it out myself.  I
was planning on installing onto /dev/hda6 (the e2fs), install a reiserfs
kernel, then cp -rf the new / to the current /, a reiserfs.
Of course, it would be easier to install directly to the reiserfs.  So I've
taken a while to ask the simple question - Is there a reiserfs root.bin and
rescue.bin and of course a reiserfs kernel?

<jakemsr@clipper.net>