Re: Thinkpad video and digital camera issues

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 10:06:54AM -0700, Heather wrote:
> It does however seem logical if the PCMCIA interface card isn't being
> spotted, that its further smartmedia item wouldn't be spotted either :(

 You could build hardware that worked as described.  The interface card
could stay inert and not signal anything the the host until a smartmedia
card was inserted.  That shuffling smartmedia cards would send regular
PCMCIA events to the host, so they wouldn't need to invent a further level
of events for smartmedia cards.

 No idea if that's how they do it or not, just a theory.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y