Thinkpad video and digital camera issues

I have a Thinkpad 760 XD, and there's a "video in" port.  I have the
cable which connects to it and has an S-video and composite input.
Can this be used under Linux?  If so, how?

Also, I bought an Olympus Camedia D-360L digital camera.  I want to
upload images into the Thinkpad.  There are two ways: RS-232 or
SmartMedia.  I tried with several different packages to get the RS-232
interface to work, and couldn't get any results.  But it works like a
charm with the Windows software they include, of course.

The ADI SmartMedia/PCMCIA card I bought doesn't seem to be recognized
at all (the computer doesn't even realize it's been plugged in).
Should I just take it back for a refund?  What other brands are there
that you would recommend instead?  Or is there something else I can
try to make this one work?

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx