RE: Horrible font on Toshiba 740CDT

OK, I'm getting a little further here.

It turns out that It's not running the 1024x768 mode at all.

Here's an excerpt from the x Server output.
(--) SVGA: Maximum allowed dot-clock: 56.125 MHz
(**) SVGA: Mode "800x600": mode clock = 40.000
(**) SVGA: Mode "640x480": mode clock = 30.000
(--) SVGA: Clock for mode "1024x768" is too high for the configured
hardware.  Limit is 56.125 MHz
(--) SVGA: Removing mode "1024x768" from list of valid modes.

Here's the line in my XF86Config that's defining the 1024x768 mode.

Modeline  "1024x768"  65.00 1024 1032 1176 1344 768 771 777 806 -hsync
-vsync

I'm assuming that the problem is occurring because the 65.00 is greater than
56.125.
I know that the video is capable of supporting 1024x768 as 60Hz.  I found
the previous line in a standard XF86Config file , which was listed as the
1024x768 @ 60Hz mode.

Here are some more particulars about the video.

It's the standard hardware on a Toshiba 740CDT.
DISPLAY:
Type:		TFT Active Matrix Colour
Dot Pitch:	.30mm x .30mm
Contrast Ratio:	100:1

VIDEO
Memory:	2 MB
Chip:		C&T F65554
Colour Palette:	16.7 M colours
Resolution:		800x600  16.7 M colours
			1024x768  64K colours

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Till next time
	Lance