RE: Dell Latitude C800 and NIC card.

I have 2.4.2 running on an old micron.  The problem that I had was the
socket driver in the 2.4.2 kernel (yenta_socket?, I forget).  It is
a cardbus driver and won't work on my laptop.  If your laptop is an
older one like mine (16bit pcmcia) then generate the kernel without
any pcmcia support.  Then compile the pcmcia modules stand-alone and
install them.  Works fine that way...

jim