Re: pcmcia problem

Robert Voigt wrote:

>  > pcnet_cs: sorry, the AX88190 chipset is not supported.
>  > pcnet_cs: unable to read hardware net address for io
>  > base 0x300
>
> I have the same problem, I'm getting this same message.
> I have a W-Linx Linx Pro 10/100 Card. It's listed as supported in the
> pcmcia-cs-3.1.25 list of supported cards, but under 10 MBit/s cards, not
> under 10/100.
> First I had the potato pcmcia-cs package installed (3.1.22). I got a
> high and a low beep when I inserted the card. Then I saw that pcmcia
> modules package and installed it too (the version that matches my
> kernel, 2.2.18). I think the beeps changed to high and middle then, but
> I'm not sure.
> When I saw that my card is not in the list of supported cards in the
> 3.1.22 version I unstalled the pcmcia-cs and pcmcia-modules debian
> packages and compiled pcmcia-cs-3.1.25. I don't know if I need a modules
> packages for this too, I haven't found one. But the pcnet_cs module,
> which is supposed to be the one for my card, is loaded. Here is the
> output of lsmod:

Sounds like your card is recognised as being some sort of PCNET variant,
but you will need to build a "binary-modules" target from the 3.1.25
source.  The pcmcia-cs source will build either or both packages for you
- take a look at the debian/rules file for what targets are valid.  From
memory I think you want "binary-modules" and "binary-cs".

Hope this helps,
					Andrew.
           Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew@catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64 (21) 635 694, Fax: +64 (4) 499 5596, Office: +64 (4) 499 2267